2011/11/02

bias progress

A liiiittle progress with my dirndl.
I started finishing the neckline with bias tape, ergo sewing per mano again. I kind of like it now.
It's very... relaxing in some ways :)

Ok, so I've already sewn the bias tape to the neckline last time.
Next step is folding the tape around the seam allowances (if they aren't narrow enough, cut them back, I already left very little seam allowance on the neckline from the beginning), and pin it with some needles.

Iron it.

Remove the pin needles piece by piece and fold the bias tape so you get a nice seam on the inside too and don't see any seam allowances anymore.
Insert the needles again.

Since there are many nice tutorials how to make and attach bias tape (e.g. this one)out there, I spare you of my drawing skills ;)




I will open the seam on the V-cut neckline again, it's a bit crooked atm. But I'll change it soon ;)




Isn't this fabric just WONDERFUL?
With flashlight:


And without:




And, help me pleeease:


I'm just noticing, the dress does look lovely with my fake-fur sheepskin... Maybe I should sew some winter scarf or something to wear with the dress? 

Or is it just me in my "can't wait to have snow here" delusion?


And tomorrow is knitting thursday again, yay!
I hope my cats haven't eaten all my knitting needles yet. They really seem to love my bamboo needles.
(and yes, I keep my knitting out of their way, but they tend to be very creative when it comes to open stuff they are NOT supposed to....)


Cu tomorrow,

Denocte

3 Kommentare:

  1. Weißer Pelz geht immer. Als abnehmbarer Besatz zB oder als Besatz auf einem Jackerl für die kühlen Tage dazu. Vielleicht auch ein Gilet à la "Schäferin"?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Die Katzen fressen die Stricknadeln?! Diese Tiere *sind* einfach seltsam, da hilft alles nix. :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ja, ich hab auch nie behauptet sie wären normal^^
    Im Donnerstagspost hab ich extra meine Stricknadeln fotografiert für dich ;)
    (Und Isaac wollte auch aufs Bild. Kuscheloverknees, miau!)

    @agi
    ein gilet.... jaa das wärs.... Sieht man in sowas dann nicht aus wie ein explodiertes Schaf? naja, aber es wär warm. Das ist echt ne Idee.

    lg denocte

    AntwortenLöschen