2010/04/11

denocte in knitania

I'm back!
Problems (at least the technical ones) solved.

First posting will present my first steps in the fairytale country knitania!

Back in January I started knitting kneehigh socks folk-style, made from very thick sheepwool. They are very comfortable, but I fear I can't wear them in my boots because they are not very sturdy. you can see the holes on the pic, thats what they look like after wearing them 3 or 4 times :(


Last year when I went to Helsinki I bought this really great wool on the market. finnish sheep, finnish dye, finnish everything. I made those really great everyday-wear cuffs, perfect for working, sewing, everything! The light grey and dark brown fit perfectly :)
I think that was when my "just-sheepwool-no other things accepted" phase started. Ok, I accept cotton for e.g. socks ;)
The other pair was a new tryout in knitting patterns. I used up some leftover yarn and they are really comfy. I did use them a lot in winter and am loooving them!


Then I bought some reaaally soft "eco" yarn and totally fell for it. I made a collar thingy - my first tryout knitting doubleface and cuffs.
On the pic you see the collar thingy on the left, one cuff and another cuff in making ;)
The blue-grey yarn was my second doubleface thingy. There will be a pic of the result if you scroll down ;)

I am now officially able to knit toe-up socks. me proud!
With some help I finally succeeded ;)
My first tryout:


First finished pair:


First sock made from "Feenzauber" wool:


Left:
That what the firestarter "feenzauber" sock looks like when I'm wearing it :)
Right:
Now here's the result of the scarf-doubleface tryout:
I made a short scarf, added a button and now I can use it as a collar or shoulderwarmer thing ;)

I hope you enjoyed it, I do have some other projects waiting to be brought to you. Later this week I will upload old stuff, new stuff, brandnew stuff and other stuff^^

2 Kommentare:

  1. wow! I still haven't finish the one sock i started before christmas. you must have been pretty busy :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. :) due to my problems with my back/neck I can't sew or work. But knitting is ok, so tadaaaa - new hobby!

    AntwortenLöschen