2010/08/01

fruit and vegetable, orange and green.


Ooooh, finally I had the excuse to make a looooad of jam. Apricot jam. Mjam!

There's this region in Austria, the "Wachau", where the best apricots ever are grown.
Traditionally, my grandpa and my uncle go there in the summer and buy about 50-60kg of apricots from a farmer for our families.
This year my parents are out of town BUT - tadaa, I'm here!
So I offered to cook jam for my parents and me and my BF.

And this is it: 5kg of fruit + sugar = about 7kg of jam *nomnom*
And about 4kg more are in the freezer *hrhr*



I hope that a lot of jam cooking will follow this year, since my father recently owns a garden with some apple trees, raspberries, strawberries, zucchinies...


So, thats the fruit part of this post, but I do have some vegetables to spam about too *G*
People who know me heard of my almost legendary inability to grow any plants. They always turn brown, or black, or yellow, or... well, plants don't like me.
But somehow I broke this curse!

Look! Tomatoes! THREE nice, sweet, small, fresh tomatoes! And one's already orange! I'm so happy xD
They even survived the move and everything :)



And I'm proud to present this little fella too, basil in a can. Thankyou A. for this sweet little gift, it's doing perfectly fine here in Austria!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen