2011/09/11

Recycling, Military, Nerd, Cliché - I like!


First of all: No more braces for Denocte ;) Yay!




All the years I'm in the subculture now there are a few things I've never worn.
e.g. torn tights with holes and stuff on my arms. Or hotpants with some kind of stockings.
And I've never put some functional stuff, like gears or components on clothing, just because it looks good (which, to be honest, it just doesn't in most cases.)

Until this weekend ;)
This weekend I thought I could embrace cliché for once and celebrate that I finally got rid of my braces.
Because, to be honest, a military end of the world outfit just works a lot better without teenagerbraces in your mouth.

All started with this ring.
It's really simple, I just glued a CPU onto a ring. But I just love it! It's cute, and cool, and you can wear it in everyday live as well as in the evenings when going out.




But, then, problem: I didn't have any outfit to go with the ring. So the whole "doing stuff I've never done before" thing started.
I upcycled an old corset of mine. I've sewn it 5 yrs ago, worn it once. It's too small now around the hips, but we can fix that ;)
Originally it was just plain satin camouflage fabric, half bust. When I was done with it it looked like this:

I added some leather clasps in the front, a lot of studs, tulle and straps. left and right I just cut the corset open with zig-zag scissors and added a "lining" made from tulle. Hips-problem solved.

The colours of the rest of my components are in perfect harmony with my corset, don't you think ;)
















An some of the straps I strapped on the, perfectly ruined, cut off jeans pants.

 

The upper part of the Jeans was my handbag for the night, which can be worn over your shoulder as well as around your hips to ensure maximum comfort while dancing.
And I added some stuff too. Simply black is not enough for this night ;)



I hope you like it, it was a totally new experience for me to actually destroy something I've sewn. But I liked wearing it, so I think it was worth it.


Denocte

3 Kommentare:

  1. WOW :O Also wow! Auf dem ersten Bild siehst du so wild aus und irgendwie total tough. Da würde ich mich nicht trauen dich blöd anzustänkern (naja, würde ich auch so nicht machen.. ;D)
    Das Korsett sieht so toll aus!!! Und die Tasche ist auch echt cool. Aber das Korsett :D Geil! Da hast du sicher einige umgehauen in dem Outfit!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Das lässt doch mein Informatikerinnen-Herz höher schlagen :D Eine CPU als Ring und RAM am Korsett und Rock... Auf sowas muss man erstmal kommen! Großartig!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Dankeschön :)

    Ich trag den Ring auch im Alltag gerne. Er ist ein bissl groß, aber macht schon schön was her, grad zu ganz schlichten Outfits.

    AntwortenLöschen