2011/09/24

New WiP, Dirndl it is again!

One might say that because I recently made a Dirndl Dress, I'd need some kind of pause before sewing the next one.

Well, no.
There seems to be a strange kind of addiction to Dirndl Dresses. I just can't stop thinking about new models and designs and patterns!


But this Dirndl is a premiere for me to, it's not a traditional Dress, but more a fashion Dirndl.
I do use a traditional pattern though, but the colours are all modern this time.

And I shortened it, too. Not this horrible modern "Dirndl-Oktoberfest-Crap", you can buy on ebay or in Japan, - length, but just kneelength.


The pattern I use is another Innviertler Dress, but not the same I used for my Ikara Dress.

This one will be similar to the Rieder Festtagstracht, the red Dress in the picture:







For my birthday I got the fabrics for the dress, and the brooche will go lovely with them:





I already started with the top, altered it to my size



and tried how it looks with braids.





In order to decrease the very unflattering plaits of taffeta which I'll use for the skirt, I won't ruffle ("stifteln) the skirt but will fold it in rather large plaits, every plait overlapping the next one about one half of its length. This and some extra weight in the seam should hopefully prevent me from looking like a giant cupcake. hm.



And I'll finally get to wear my Lorien Necklace from "Die Perlenzwerge" <3

 
 
Have a nice weekend, enjoy the lovely weather!
De.Nocte

3 Kommentare:

  1. Hattest du nicht mal ein ganz anderes Design??? Oder hast du noch ein Blog *irritiert*
    aber cool das du noch ein neues modernes Dirndl nähst.. <3 das Ikara Dirndl war schon so schön!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Das wird schick! Besonders die Rückansicht hat was.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. der hintergrund war mal... beigebraunbäh. jetzt ist es graugraugrau^^

    und ich habe noch einen blog, aber da gehts um BHs ;)
    kurvendiskussionen.blogspot.com

    Danke! Ich finds auch sehr schick.
    Ich dachte bisher ja immer, dass diese Rücken dann geteilt sind, aber das ist effektiv nur ein Teil, das funktioniert in kleinen Größen tatsächlich ohne Abnäher!

    AntwortenLöschen