2009/12/10

"pack die badehose ein, nimm das kleine schwesterlein..."

...and go take a bath!
well. It really is too cold to make swimsuits right now, so Santa ordered two bathrobes and a bathing towel :)


Since I don't see my nieces (J, 2y and L, 6m) that often, I always want to have a gift for them, when I see them.
So clearly I had to make something for them for christmas!

J, 2y
Both of them really like taking a bath, and the older one starts being a little princess right now. Of course, being a princess means, that she wants everything her way ;) so she runs all over the house, playing with the dog and the cats. Clearly, she needs to be well-dressed for those important jobs! Right out of the tub - muuum, bathrobe! - and there she goes.

Her bathrobe might be too big for her right now, but Santa told me that she already has a smaller one, so this one should fit perfectly in a couple of months.

I used a burda pattern (2009/11), but had to alter it, cause it was waay to big. On the first try-on size 114 did fit for ME, and I may be small but not _this_ small ;)
I really liked it, because the hood isn't made out from an extra piece of fabric, but it's cut out with the front pattern piece :) This makes a really nice look and is extremely cozy.

The fabric used is red frottée for the robe and the hood, and white cute nicki/frottée with sweet french phrases and elks on it for the pocket and the heart.











L, 6m
She is just sooo cute and I'm really deeply in love with this kid! Since she's too small for wearing a bathrobe, I made a bathing towel with dragon spikes and a hood :) It's big enough to wrap the tiny one, and can be used as a cuddly toy as well. I designed the pattern (well, there wasn't really one), fabric is again the red frottée and for the spikes I used blue felt and they are stuffed.





O, 1y

This big boy will turn one year soon, and so I wanted to give a little something to him as well. Although I only met him in the summer, our love runs deep ;) I was honored by being allowed to help the little hero bathing and having supper and going to sleep ;)
Since, of course, he'll once be a rocker like his daddy, his bathrobe has got evil trve dragon spikes too.
Pattern is the same as above, but much smaller.









I really enjoyed sewing those things, but I now know: I hate frottée. working with it makes your whole appartement look like a mess, because you have those stupid red tiny pieces of fabric everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

denocte

1 Kommentar: