2011/06/20

Säumchentracht: Tiny work, but looks nice.

I did a lot of tiny seams and clipping threads and hand sewing this weekend, doesn't look really impressive on the pics but it was a lot of work and feels really great.

First I sewed the bias binding onto the lining, invisible hand stitches of course.

Then I cut off and neatened a lot of loose thread ends. 
The seam on the downside of the top has now an overlock seam which stabilizes the whole thing.


On the front I added 2x4 vertical seams to enhance the structure, (so the hooks and eyes won't distort the front) also I added 2x5 horizontal seams. I don't really know what they do, but they look nice ;)
You don't really see those on the outside....




...so here's a pic from the lining.



 The whole beauty:


Next step will be closing the shoulder seams, sewing in the hooks and eyes and closing the seams on the side - here's the last chance to correct the width of the top.


Denocte

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen