2011/06/07

Work in Progress: Säumchentracht, traditional austrian dress

I'm currently planning and sewing a traditional dress for a really "obscure" event this summer.

It involves about 4m of fabric, hours and hours of work, a garden lake and a diving platform...

After many thoughts which region and which pattern I should choose, I ended up with a dress from the upper austrian region "Innviertel" - so far, nothing new, I was born there and love it ;) and then I chose a really great pattern, the "Innviertler Säumchentracht".

But although I'll work very traditionally correct and everything, I want to combine "Tracht" and the ancient myth of Ikarus. 

Number three, in the middle:

Never ever complain about Burda patterns again ;)


Eighties revival *lol* I'm gonna sew the dress on the right, but it'll be way longer.


The pattern: You can see the lines on the right pattern, that's why the dress is called "seam-dress" (very roughly translated).



Yesterday I bought the fabric, I'm so in love!
Linnen, linnen, linnen, cotton lining, linnen... linnen for the bias binding, linnen thread for the piping... And have I mentioned linnen?


And now, have an funny day *g* (He yawned. He looks very funny when he yawns.)


Denocte

1 Kommentar:

  1. Wahahaaa, der Kater! :D
    Ich bin schon arg gespannt auf dein Dirndl. Der gestreifte Stoff ist total schön. :)
    Den Rest des Tages werde ich darüber nachdenken, was es wohl mit "im ganzen Lande gültigen Trachten" auf sich hat.

    AntwortenLöschen